Toyota Next-Gen RAV4 EV Will Be Available to the Public
Lustine Toyota, located in Woodbridge, VA, has recently learned that inaccurate reports have been circulating suggesting that the 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV will only be available to fleet and car sharing programs. This is NOT true.
The 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV will, in fact, be available to the general public and it's a good thing too because it has a lot of great features. With the help of Tesla Motors, the exterior has been heavily re-designed, the powertrain has been made heavier, the acceleration remains strong and it has about a 100-mile driving range. Other refinements include a face-lifted front bumper and grille; refreshed head- and fog lamps; and luxe, new 18-inch alloy wheels.
The confusion was also cleared up by Toyota in a press release stating, "We'd like to set the record straight. The 2012 RAV4 EV will definitely be sold to the general public...Toyota is the only manufacturer brining two battery electric vehicles to the market in 2012 - the RAV4 EV and Scion iQ EV."1
Toyota RAV4 EV Evolutions- 1995 - First Toyota RAV4 EV prototype wins Scandinavian Electric Car Rally
- 1995 - Toyota places RAV4 EV prototype at institutions around the state of California
- 1996 - Toyota launches stage one of its zero-emission vehicle initiative - a test program featuring two-door RAV4 EV prototypes
- 1996 - Toyota debuts RAV4 EV at Los Angeles Auto Show
- 1996 - Toyota officially introduces first-generation RAV4 EV
- 1997 - Toyota announces stage two of its zero-emission vehicle initiative, underlining the first time the Toyota RAV4 EV was available for sale in the fleet market
- 2001 - Toyota decides to sell and lease the RAV4 EV to the general public in California
- 2002 - Toyota RAV4 EV available to California residents via an online ordering system
- 2003 - First-generation Toyota RAV4 EV production ends
- 2010 - Toyota introduces second-generation RAV4 EV developed with Tesla Motors
- 2011 - Toyota Confirms next-generation RAV4 EV launch for 2012
For more information regarding the Toyota RAV4 EV, contact Lustine Toyota at 14227 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Woodbridge, VA 22191.
Source: 1 http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/toyota+rav4+ev+coming+to+market+in+2012.htm